Meet our 2021-22 Inaugural Black Citizen Change Makers
We are proud to work with an incredible group of organizers. Over the next six months, each organizer will be awarded a micro-grant and participate in professional leadership coaching through our partner A-Plan Coaching. Each organizer will leave with better defined social agency, increased competency around movement building, and equipped with tools to collectively challenge oppressive systems.
· Aude Bouagnon, PhD (Health)— radically transform the culture of health care and science to accelerate efforts to develop community-wide restorative justice centered solutions that improve social and mental health for residents of Bayview-Hunters Point.
· Rheema Calloway / Cat Fitness (Health & Wellness)—increase education, promote healthy lifestyles, and revolutionize nutrition through activations and pop-up “Heal the Hood” wellness events in Black communities across the Bay Area.
· Robert Harrison (Social Entrepreneurship)—providing workforce development, job-training, and gap employment to formerly homeless and individuals re-entering society.
· Cameron Clark (Criminal Justice Reform)—a project to assist formerly incarcerated and justice-involved individuals to successfully re-enter society by providing appropriate case management and support services.
· Rodney Jackson Jr. (Performing Arts)—building compelling theater for artists of color that fosters cross-cultural dialogue, promotes social justice, and authentically reflects the experiences of communities of color and LGBTQ community.
· Camila Mena (Organizer-in-Residence)—develop a platform to center and amplify black perspectives by creatives, writers, journalists, leaders, and influencers on issues that impact Black lives.
Check back for updates and announcements. If you’re interested in supporting our mission, please consider making a tax-deductible investment today!
There is room within the movement for anyone willing to unapologetically fight for Black lives. Consider your time or pro-bono service for one of the initiatives listed above. For more information: email@example.com.
Our inaugural social impact fund is supported by: The Walter & Elise Haas Foundation, San Francisco Foundation, CA Black Freedom Fund, Mimi and Peter Haas Fund, Salesforce, At&t, Baugher-Casteel Family Trust, DiBianca Impact Fund, Ellington Promise Fund, and many courageous individual donors.
To jump start your own fund email: firstname.lastname@example.org.